Letest News, Hot gossips, Hot cinema News, Ap Hot News

20100308

Jeff Bridges bags best actor Oscar for 'Crazy Heart'


Jeff Bridges walked away with the best actor Oscar for his performance as a washed-up country singer in "Crazy Heart" at the 82nd Academy Awards here.

Directed by Scott Cooper, the film sees Bridges as singer Bad Blake whose meeting with a young journalist may help him to turn his life around.

"I want to thank my wonderful director for his ability to instil self-confidence in his actors. Thank you my wonderful team that kept me together. I also want to thank my gorgeous wife (Susan Geston) with whom I have spent more than 33 years and also my three girls without whom I wouldn't be where I am," Bridges said in his acceptance speech.

He was nominated along with George Clooney (Up In The Air"), Morgan Freeman ("Invictus"), Jeremy Renner ("The Hurt Locker") and Colin Firth ("A Single Man") in the best actor category.





No comments:

Post a Comment

statcounter